Day in the Life of a Soccer Player

Back to Article
Back to Article

Day in the Life of a Soccer Player

Zoraide, Contributor

This whole month I was actually not that excited about soccer season, keep in mind I love soccer and I’ve been playing since I was pretty small. You know kicking my moms bladder around in the womb like if it was a soccer ball. This soccer season wasn’t our best, I ended up playing both varsity and junior varsity. We had a really rough start, we won some games in varsity except in jv we lost every game and tied some. Playing soccer this year relieved some of my stress but it made me honestly mad that in the middle of the season we really didn’t play as a team. The season was a bit uncomfortable and it was non-welcoming. “Everyone changed nobody is the same as last season… they think they’re better than us.” that was most of the word going around during tryouts. We should not be focusing on who is better we should have focused on playing together as a team. I am proud that some of our jv girls got recognized by the varsity team and got a chance to play with them, it shows how we are improving. In the season i think most of the girls had fun and i know I did. I met new people and made new connections and winning isn’t the purpose of this sport at least not in high school it’s about having fun and improving and that’s what the team finally realized. The coaches, Keene, Kyle(Lauchman), Guerrero and Beau all worked very hard to help us and be there for us. They were mistreated in the beginning because everyone was new to working with these coaches and they misjudged them on their ability to teach us how to play better soccer. The coaches themselves said “this would have been a better season if we all worked as a team doesn’t matter who’s coaching”. Attitude reflects off on the work you put into, no one is perfect but if you keep on practicing you will get better and that is guaranteed. After all the season was great in the end, we lost a lot of amazing seniors that we hope the best for and I would like to thank the coaches for everything they’ve done and I hope to see them next season to make more improvements.